Check out Pass 312.org, the central website for information about an MP Motion in Canada for changing the criminal code to identify an unborn child as human (contrary to what the law currently says). Here’s a little bit of info from the site,
1. Canada’s Criminal code defines unborn children as non human beings!
2. One brave MP Stephen Woodworth has brought forward Motion 312 in an attempt to evaluate that law and possibly change it.
3. Every political party in Canada is opposing Motion 312. Prime Minister Stephen Harper made it clear that he will vote against it.
4. An estimated 100,000 plus letters and emails have been sent to our MPs this summer urging them to support Motion 312. And yet the word from MPs is that it will not pass unless they hear more from Canadians in support of it.
5. There are over 4,000,000 evangelical Christians in Canada. That means 4 million people who have no excuse for ignoring the abuse of our unborn children (Psalm82:2-4). Nearly 4 million people, however, who have no idea what Motion 312 is and have not yet contacted their MP in favor of it.
Not sure if a fetus is a human? Check out this article.
Contact your MP. Who’s your MP?
For more third party information about the motion check this article.
Saeed Malekpoour: A Canadian on Iran’s death row:
In the 1,232 days and nights since his arrest, Saeed Malekpour has asked himself that question. Each day takes him no closer to the answer, but closer to the enigma of his death.
For most of his 36 years Malekpour was a problem-solver, a man with a workaround mind. His family’s troubleshooter. The cleverest in his class.
The Canadian resident, top-ranked engineering graduate, software designer is now awaiting execution in Iran’s Evin Prison.
Write your MP. Find your MP.
So, a new article, “Ancient body clock keeps all life on time: studies,” talks about the universal human 24 hour body clock even in components of the body without DNA, like red blood cells. Reading the article made me grateful and thankful, and awed of God and his creation. I had a good chuckle when, as I was fully expecting, the line came along, “the 24-hour circadian clock…dates back millions of years to early life on earth.” There is a whole field of sciences these days on which biblical creation touches. I’ve read so much material, and am constantly finding more, that reveal just how ridiculous the prospect of evolution is. The fact is, life does not arise from non-life. Any biologist will tell you this – except when they need to explain the origins of life in the theory of evolution. It’s a “just so” story (as CMI is fond of saying) that has no real foothold in reality. We’ll either give glory to God, or, if not, our disdain for Him, our foolishness, will turn around and speak it for us.