I was reading Matthew 4 today and came across a fascinating perspective on Jesus’ response to Satan’s temptations. I’ll highlight the passage and follow it with Chuck Smith’s comment on it.
So, the latest intra-Christian controversy to blow up is popular Christian worship act Gungor’s denial of the ‘literal’ reading of scripture, particularly Genesis, the creation account, Adam and Eve, and the Flood. This of course triggering the day before our traditional day of worship when Christians come together to worship God their saviour in spirit and truth. This, of course, all comes on the heels of the Tim Lambesis story who allegedly attempted to hire a hitman to murder his wife. It’s hard to try to move one’s heart towards God when we’re distracted by emotional issues like these. Here’s a few of the articles circulating:
- Award-Winning Worship Leader Generates Controversy for Rejecting Genesis as Literal
- Why Are People So Upset About What Gungor Said?
- Dove-Award Winning Gungor Rattles Christian World With Revelation That They Don’t Believe the Bible Literally
- Award-Winning Christian Musicians Mock Biblical Creationists
- Michael Gungor’s response: I’m With You
It’s saddening, frustrating, and distracting…