The latest atrocities by the Muslim group, ISIS, includes a video of the shooting or beheading deaths of thirty Ethiopian Christians. In previous posts, Charity 360 and Charity 365, I laid out my experience in charitable giving. In the latter post I talked about expanding to include more global and humanitarian groups. If you don’t know how to help here’s a few organizations to support that are helping persecuted Christians in general or are in the Syria/Iraq area directly affected by ISIS…
How to find Church Guitar Chords Online
For the past half year I’ve been part of a small church where most of our music comes from the hymnal. They’re very, very nice people, though, and are happy to have myself and a friend playing guitar in the front pews. We really enjoy it but it takes some effort to work with the piano players and their music so that we can find guitar chords to play from. This took me down the path of finding guitar chords for hymns and worship songs online. Here’s my tips for finding them…
I like the Twenty Eleven theme and I still haven’t upgraded it. Luckily, some people are keeping it up to date and compatible with the latest WordPress in 2015! But there was one bug that bothered me for a long time and that was featured images were broken. These are the big header images at the top of posts (for example, the big image at the top of this post, or the grid of cars image at the top of one of my other posts). These image are just broken and will not display your custom featured image in the stock Twenty Eleven. So here’s how I fixed it…
Become a Friendlier Person
- Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest, sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.